* (verb) make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently
Example(s) of use: "Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"; "My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
Other definitions and usage examples for Solicit in different contexts:
- (verb) make amorous advances towards
- (verb) approach with an offer of sexual favors
- (verb) incite, move, or persuade to some act of lawlessness or insubordination
- (verb) make a solicitation or petition for something desired